Get Political Wire by Email:



January 19, 2006


Poll Finds Corruption a Bipartisan Problem

"In the wake of Republican lobbyist Jack Abramoffís indictment and growing corruption concerns on Capitol Hill, a majority of American voters believe corruption is an equal problem among both political parties (72%)," according to a new Diageo/Hotline poll.

The survey shows "while clear majorities see corruption as a bipartisan issue, most of the voters who do associate corruption with one party choose the Republican Party (17% say corruption is more of a problem among Republicans, 6% say Democrats)Ö Now 33% of Americans view Jack Abramoff unfavorably and 4% view him favorably. Despite his close ties to Republicans, a plurality of voters say they donít associate Abramoff with either political party (37%). For voters who do associate him with a party, 30% say he is connected most to Republicans and 2% say he is connected most to Democrats."












POLITICAL WIRE PODCAST

Political Wire Podcast Engaging conversations about elections and the political issues of the day. Subscribe via iTunes or RSS to get episodes automatically downloaded.



FREE NEWSLETTER




TRENDING VIDEO







PARTNERS










FOLLOW US