First Read: “It’s not just health care that Senate Republicans are hoping to get back on track after they return from their July 4 vacation. President Trump and Congress have a lot on their plate before their summer recess in August — raising the debt limit, passing a budget, moving on tax reform. It’s a daunting agenda during the best of times. And it’s much, much harder with a distracted president, a commander-in-chief whose approval rating is in the 30s and 40s, and a GOP Senate that remains divided over health care.”Save to Favorites
You are here: / / A Packed Agenda Awaits Republicans
Most Popular Recent Posts
- Some Trump Advisers Wanted to Strip Obama Clearance
- Manafort Jury Suggests It Can't Find Consensus
- 15 Senators Skip Votes Despite McConnell Warning
- Cohen Reaches a Plea Deal
- Dean Says Trump Has a 'Real Problem'
- Kavanaugh Proposed Graphic Questions for Bill Clinton
- The Blue Wave Is Obscuring the Red Exodus
- Newspaper Backs Candidate Who Was 'Abducted by Aliens'
- Why Even a Blue Wave Could Have Limited Gains
- Trump Claims He Could ‘Run’ Russia Investigation