ProPublica: “Since 2015, thousands of complaints have streamed in — from citizens, public interest groups, IRS agents, government officials and more — that C4s are abusing the rules. But the agency has not stripped a single organization of its tax-exempt status for breaking spending rules during that period. (A handful of groups have had their status revoked for failing to file financial statements for three consecutive years.) Most cases do not even reach the IRS committee created to examine them.”Save to Favorites
You are here: / / How the IRS Gave Up Fighting Dark Money Groups
Click here for an interactive version.
Most Popular Recent Posts
- Taylor's Opening Statement Shocked Lawmakers
- Taylor's Opening Statement
- 'A Very Dark Moment'
- Dead Heat In Michigan Senate Race
- House Republicans Blocking Testimony
- GOP Lawmakers Breach Protocol
- Taylor Confirms Trump Sought Ukraine Quid Pro Quo
- Why Bill Taylor’s Testimony Might Be a Game Changer
- Judge Orders State Dept to Release Ukraine Records
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day