Axios shows how President Trump is reviving his 2016 playbook, “trying to sully or smear the Biden family reputation, like he did with the Clintons during his last campaign.”
There are six-parts to the playbook:
- Argue that your opponent is guilty of something as bad or worse than the accusations against you.
- Create constant fog, amplified by Twitter. Allege the media is guilty, too.
- Convince party leaders and Fox News to fall instantly in line, focused solely on your opponent’s supposed transgressions.
- Demand documents and testimony, fostering an “everyone’s dirty and hiding something” atmosphere.
- Stymie anyone on your side who’s thinking of dissenting by torching them on Twitter, like he did to Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT).
- Bet that your own standing, while getting no better, gets no worse.