Jonathan Chait: “Yesterday, Hillary Clinton surprised immigration advocates, and nearly everybody else, by taking an unexpectedly liberal stance on executive action and comprehensive reform. There’s no reason to doubt that Clinton, like most Democrats, genuinely believes in the humanitarian and economic merits of these policies. But it is also a power play that demonstrates how swiftly the immigration issue has moved in her party’s favor, and how she plans to box in her opponents.”Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Clinton Sets an Immigration Trap for Republicans
Click here for an interactive version.
Most Popular Recent Posts
- The Impeachment Hearings Begin
- Stephen Miller Is Getting Married
- Is the Dam Breaking?
- Watch Trump's Approval Ratings
- Impeachment Hearing Concludes
- GOP Hopes Senate Trial Scrambles Democratic Primaries
- Trump Trails Top Democrats In Georgia
- Staffer Overheard Trump Discuss 'Investigations'
- Impeachment Hearings Could Take an Unpredictable Turn
- Deval Patrick Tells Allies He'll Run for President