Puerto Rico’s governor, saying he needs to pull the island out of a “death spiral,” has concluded that the commonwealth cannot pay its roughly $72 billion in debts, an admission that will probably have wide-reaching financial repercussions, the New York Times reports.Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Puerto Rico’s Governor Says Debts Are ‘Not Payable’
Click here for an interactive version.
Most Popular Recent Posts
- Taylor's Opening Statement Shocked Lawmakers
- Taylor's Opening Statement
- 'A Very Dark Moment'
- Dead Heat In Michigan Senate Race
- House Republicans Blocking Testimony
- GOP Lawmakers Breach Protocol
- Taylor Confirms Trump Sought Ukraine Quid Pro Quo
- Why Bill Taylor’s Testimony Might Be a Game Changer
- Judge Orders State Dept to Release Ukraine Records
- Many Who Stormed Deposition Are Allowed to Participate