“Hillary Clinton’s top advisers never publicly backed an effort by Democrats on the Electoral College to block Donald Trump’s election. When it failed on Monday, one aide mocked it as an unserious ‘coup’ attempt. But a batch of correspondence obtained by Politico shows members of Clinton’s inner circle — including senior aides Jake Sullivan and Jennifer Palmieri — were in touch for weeks with one of the effort’s organizers as they mounted their ill-fated strategy. And despite repeated requests for guidance, Clinton’s team did not wave them off. Call logs, emails and text messages reveal a Clinton campaign walking a tightrope — never fully endorsing the effort, but intentionally declining to stamp it out.Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Clinton Aides Kept Tabs on Faithless Elector Gambit
Most Popular Recent Posts
- Trump Has Another 'Lester Holt Moment'
- Trump Revokes Brennan’s Security Clearance
- Bonus Quote of the Day
- Jillette Says Trump Made Racist Remarks on Set
- Republicans Target Bryce's Nine Arrests
- Trump Prepares to Fight Mueller Subpoena
- Internal Poll Shows Tight Mississippi Senate Race
- Alt-Right Organizer Humiliated by His Father
- Fox News Host Recalls Defeating 'Communist Japan'
- Omarosa Releases Tape Discussing 'Hush Money'