James Hohmann: “This is an incredibly delicate moment in the Capitol. Republicans who are wise, including Mitch McConnell, do not want to invoke the nuclear option. Smart conservatives understand that changing the rules of the Senate to allow for a simple majority to confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee would set a disastrous precedent, which would invariably be used to put hyper-liberal justices onto the high court in future years. Even talking about going this route poisons the well and makes it that much harder to woo the eight moderate Democrats needed to clear the current 60-vote threshold.”Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Is McConnell Willing to Kill the Filibuster?
Most Popular Recent Posts
- The First Democratic Debate - Night One
- Sanders Won't Commit to Supporting Nominee
- Why Arizona Is a Toss Up
- Trump Accuses Mueller of a Crime
- Someone Spit on Eric Trump
- Complete This Sentence: Trump Wins Re-Election If...
- Dean Says Democrats Will Lose with Two White Men
- My Reaction to Tonight's Democratic Debate
- Trump Suggests Suing Google and Facebook
- NRA Shuts Down NRATV
Click here for an interactive version.