James Hohmann: “This is an incredibly delicate moment in the Capitol. Republicans who are wise, including Mitch McConnell, do not want to invoke the nuclear option. Smart conservatives understand that changing the rules of the Senate to allow for a simple majority to confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee would set a disastrous precedent, which would invariably be used to put hyper-liberal justices onto the high court in future years. Even talking about going this route poisons the well and makes it that much harder to woo the eight moderate Democrats needed to clear the current 60-vote threshold.”Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Is McConnell Willing to Kill the Filibuster?
Click here for an interactive version.
Most Popular Recent Posts
- Lewandowski Hearing Descends Into Chaos
- Exit Polls Show Netanyahu Falling Short
- Netanyahu Refuses to Concede
- Another GOP Congressman Retires from Congress
- Biden and Warren Gain In New National Poll
- Quote of the Day
- Three-Way Race for California
- Trump Will End California's Stricter Auto Emissions Rules
- Spicer Pleads with Evangelicals to Keep Him on Show