Goddard spent more than a decade as managing director and chief operating officer of a prominent investment firm in New York City. Previously, he was a policy adviser to a U.S. Senator and Governor.
Goddard is also co-author of You Won – Now What? (Scribner, 1998), a political management book hailed by prominent journalists and politicians from both parties. In addition, Goddard’s essays on politics and public policy have appeared in dozens of newspapers across the country.
Goddard earned degrees from Vassar College in economics and Harvard University in public policy. He lives in New York with his wife and three sons.
Interviews with Taegan Goddard
Goddard also discussed the early days of Political Wire with Duke University professor Aaron Dinan on the Web Masters podcast:
- How Taegan Goddard Built a Thriving Paid Membership for Political Wire — Simon Owens’s Media Newsletter
- Taegan Goddard: What I Read – The Atlantic
- Interview with Taegan Goddard – PR Week
- How Political Wire Spent a Decade Growing Loyalty and Community – Memberful
- 5 Questions for Political Wire Founder Taegan Goddard – Vassar Quarterly
- Famous 5 Interview with Taegan Goddard – Famous DC
- Political Wire‘s Taegan Goddard joins The Week – Politico
- Political Language, Demystified – The Atlantic
- The 140 Best Twitter Feeds – Time Magazine
- Top 50 US politics Twitter accounts to follow – The Guardian
- Whoops! Romney’s ‘transition’ website spotted by blogger – NBC News
- Romney’s Victory Website Goes Live (Briefly) – Reason
- Romney ‘transition’ website briefly appears online – Yahoo News
- Romney’s presidential transition website surfaces – CBS News
- Mitt Romney’s Transition Website: Where ‘President-Elect’ Romney Lives On – Time
Political Wire has been categorized by the Media Bias Fact Sheet as least biased amongst more than 5,100 media sources.