Citing the praise President Trump gave him after naming him his “first Celebrity Apprentice” in the 2008, British TV personality Piers Morgan writes in the Daily Mail that he wished to “formally apply” to be White House chief of staff.
He closed with 10 reasons he should be the next White House Chief of staff:
- “You need someone who will look you in the eye and tell you when you’re being an idiot. Seriously.”
- He would “surround the Oval Office with loyal people who like and respect you, not the type of ghastly, untrustworthy reptiles like Omarosa Manigault Newman.”
- He would vet Trump’s tweets.
- He would get the media to focus more on Trump’s achievements.
- He would be a chief of staff “who gets on with Ivanka and Jared, and encourages you to listen to them as much as possible.”
- He could bring an end to the war with CNN.
- Things are about to get heated with special counsel Robert Mueller. “I love a scrap.”
- He would “use Melania more. She’s become a very popular electoral asset.”
- “I’d literally pay to work for you.”
- “You need someone whose reputation won’t be remotely tarnished by working with you and who won’t mind in the slightest if you suddenly fire him.”