New York Times: “In a major shift of focus in the battle against the Islamic State, the Obama administration is planning to establish a new military base in Anbar Province, Iraq, and to send up to 450 more American military trainers to help Iraqi forces retake the city of Ramadi. The White House on Wednesday is expected to announce a plan that follows months of behind-the-scenes debate about how prominently plans to retake Mosul, another Iraqi city that fell to the Islamic State last year, should figure in the early phase of the military campaign against the group.”Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Obama Sends ‘Military Trainers’ to Iraq
Click here for an interactive version.
Most Popular Recent Posts
- Pelosi Says Trump Had a Meltdown In Their Meeting
- Does Trump Realize the Trouble He’s In?
- Mulvaney Says Quid Pro Quo Was Not About Biden
- Trump Warns Erdogan Not to Be a 'Tough Guy'
- Trump Says Pelosi Is a ‘Very Sick Person’
- Mulvaney Walks Back Admission of Quid Pro Quo
- Trump Legal Team Distances Itself from Mulvaney
- Peters Narrowly Ahead In Michigan
- Sondland Made Quid Pro Quo to Ukrainians
- Flashback Quote of the Day