Smart Politics examined the 50 presidential campaigns by sitting U.S. Senators since 1972 and found that only one of these candidates – Bob Dole in 1996 – resigned from his seat before the presidential election, but that was only after the end of the primary season.Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Should Marco Rubio Resign?
Most Popular Recent Posts
- Kamala Harris Urged to Get More Personal
- Mueller Will Testify Next Month
- Emoluments Lawsuit Against Trump Can Proceed
- Biden Crushing It In Mississippi
- How Democrats Could Guarantee Trump's Re-Election
- Trump Mulls Ending Postwar Japan Defense Pact
- Census Case Is Shaping Up to Be a Travesty
- Why Arizona Is a Toss Up
- Is Howard Schultz’s Failure a Bad Omen for Centrism?
- Florida City Agrees to Pay Malware Ransom
Click here for an interactive version.