Time: “For many Americans, Russian hacking remains a story about the 2016 election. But there is another story taking shape. Marrying a hundred years of expertise in influence operations to the new world of social media, Russia may have finally have gained the ability it long sought but never fully achieved in the Cold War: to alter the course of events in the U.S. by manipulating public opinion. The vast openness and anonymity of social media has cleared a dangerous new route for antidemocratic forces.… Current and former officials at the FBI, CIA and in Congress now believe the 2016 Russian operation was just the most visible battle in an ongoing information war against global democracy.”Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Russia’s Social Media War on America
Click here for an interactive version.
Most Popular Recent Posts
- 100 House Republicans Gone
- Trump's Company Ordered to Pay Legal Bills
- Fox News Analyst Questions Trump’s Fitness for Office
- GOP Outlines Impeachment Defense In Memo
- Trump Jr. Storms Out of Book Event
- Trump Falsely Claims 'Doctored Transcripts'
- Peter King Will Not Run Again
- McConnell Gives Up on Bevin
- A Message for Trump
- Judge Dismisses Trump Effort to Stop Release of Taxes