Sen. Kamala Harris told a crowd Monday that she would push for the federal government to rename Columbus Day “Indigenous Peoples’ Day,” a focal point for some progressives who say the holiday should emphasize the history of Native Americans instead of the European conquerer, BuzzFeed News reports.Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Harris Supports Renaming Columbus Day
Click here for an interactive version.
Most Popular Recent Posts
- Whistleblower Complaint Was About Trump Promise
- Bolton Unloads on Trump at Private Lunch
- Netanyahu Refuses to Concede
- GOP Senate Candidate Suggests Annexing Mexico
- Photo of Justin Trudeau In Brownface Surfaces
- Internal Poll Shows Democrat Leading for Kansas Senate
- Thom Tillis Trails In North Carolina
- Top Democrats Beat Trump In General Election Match Ups
- New Poll Shows Warren Leading In Iowa
- Omar Says Trump 'Put My Life at Risk'