Mike Allen outlines the case that Joe Biden is expected to make if he runs for president:
- The great white (voter) hope: I can bring back the rural, white, mostly male voters who sealed the presidency for Donald Trump. Think Wisconsin.
- I’m liberal — just not that liberal. And too liberal won’t win.
- Been there, done that: In this dangerous chaotic world, we need a steady hand — not someone who’s playing or practicing president.
- Remember last year when I said: “If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.” Well, game on: Trump won’t intimidate or bully me.
- If you’re looking for a rising star, there’s a low-risk place on the ticket — next to me.