The Hotline: “If Jon Ossoff’s loss in Georgia was the canary in the 2018 coal mine, Tuesday’s result in North Carolina’s 9th District may be the car wreck for rubbernecking Republicans on the road to 2020. The result indicates that the drastic realignment that unfolded in direct response to President Trump hasn’t reverted. And that should be worrisome for a GOP that, after losing suburban seats across the country, hopes next year to cut into the Democratic House majority, retain Senate control, and reelect its president.”Save to Favorites
You are here: / / Rubbernecking Republicans on the Road to 2020
Click here for an interactive version.
Most Popular Recent Posts
- New Sexual Misconduct Claim Against Kavanaugh
- Trump Lashes Out at Media for Reporting What He Said
- What If Trump Won’t Step Down If He Loses?
- Cheney Says World Is Safer Under Trump
- Trump Campaign Thinks It Can Flip New Mexico
- New York Times Makes Big Correction to Kavanaugh Story
- Trump Is Seriously, Frighteningly Unstable
- Trump Says U.S. ‘Locked and Loaded’ After Attack
- Trump Says Kavanaugh Should Sue for ‘Liable’
- Quote of the Day