Garrett Graff tells Axios there are at least six signs special counsel Robert Mueller is moving towards more indictments:
- Mueller is tightening the screws on Jerome Corsi, a friend of former Trump adviser Roger Stone. A plea deal — or charges — appear imminent.
- Ecuador may be moving toward turning over WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. The government removed its Assange-backing U.K. ambassador last week, and has prohibited his lawyers from meeting with him.
- Russian spy and NRA superfan Maria Butina is reported to be in talks for a plea deal.
- A number of Mueller’s prosecutors were hard at work on Veterans Day —when Michael Cohen took the train to Washington to talk to Mueller’s team.
- ABC News reported an “unusually high” number — nearly three dozen, in fact — of sealed indictments filed over the course of the year in D.C. Fourteen of those have been added since August, a period when Mueller’s investigation was publicly quiet.
- And this big one: President Trump last week finally turned in long-awaited written answers to Mueller’s investigators.